Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 850 gtl and when she gets warm I have trouble getting it in the 3rd gear it goes in and drives fine it just makes a grinding noise when you try to put it in that gear only.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The sincros are probally bad.It might be time for a rebuild.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(ruttyb @ Nov 16 2004, 08:56 AM)I have just bought a 850 gtl and when she gets warm I have trouble getting it in the 3rd gear it goes in and drives fine it just makes a grinding noise when you try to put it in that gear only.

[snapback]1160[/snapback]​

Will it cost alot to repair?Also can any one tell me where I can get the door and wing strip driver side please.Thank You

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It will be some what costly but if you like the car and enjoy it wont it be worth fixing it?Im not sure the strips you are talking about.Are you talking about the body side moldings or the ones by the window.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(ruttyb @ Nov 17 2004, 02:58 AM)Will it cost alot to repair?Also can any one tell me where I can get the door and wing strip driver side please.Thank You
[snapback]1177[/snapback]​

The one on the doors and wing .Bit like mini bumpers.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The moldings you are talking about I believe are the body side moldings.They are in the middle of the door about half way up the door.Im not sure if they are avalible aftermarket yet.You might have to get them from the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts