Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was racing against my friend on the highway in his 04 accord v6 with 240 HP and 212 TQ. To refresh your specs, I have 236HP and 243TQ almost throughout teh whoel RPM range. He was keeping up with me almost dead even from 60 mph until about 100 miles an hour when his tranny switched to his fifth and final gear. At that point, I blew him away. But I have a turbo inline and he has a naturally aspirated V style engine. My torque curve blows his away. I KNOW this is because of my tranny VS. his tranny. He has a 5 speed automatic and I have a four speed automatic. If we had an equal amount of gears, or at least if I didnt have such a bad gear ratio, I wouldve smoked him from the beginning. Can I do something with my gear ratio, or even the final drive ratio, OR can I swap a 5 speed AUTO tranny from one of the newer Volvos in there? What the hell can I do, besides upping the power obviously? I am talking about getting that power to the wheels better.

Thank you,

Anthony.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Try doing some research on some of the sites I listed in the general section.
They deal in performance parts they might have something avalible.

If it was rear wheel drive then it wouldn't be bad to do.
But the front wheel drive it is all in the trans.
If you were to try to swap the trans you would probably have to specially burn a control module to make it work properly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts