Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i am italian so my english is not so good.

i have a 2000 v40 with 130000 km. i changed my gearbox 20000 km ago (change by official volvo dealer). now everytime i go downhill in 1st and sometimes while cruise normally in 1st or 2nd the gear just pops out and goes into neutral. i almost made an accident once! what can it be?

another question i was planing to replace the gear knob and the hand brake. anyone know ho to remove them?

thank you

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There might be a problem with the gearbox.It should not have anything to do with the clutch.

The gear shift knob should just pull off.Om not sure about the parking brake handle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it a gearbox problem, this mean more money

thank you.

the gear shift knob not pull off, if anyone knows please write down.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't know if you searched or not, but in order to get the shift knob off, you should turn the knob 90 WHILE pushing down on it, and should come off. With this they have a locking pin towards the top of the shaft which you might have to desecrate...

Hope I helped!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Ciao zenx.

If the gearbox internal parts are clearly failing after only 20,000 km and was fitted by an official Volvo dealer, then surely it is still under a warranty and should not cost you any more Euros?

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts