Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
1,818 Posts
I just have to add my two cents worth here. My owners handbook recommended 98 octane. Volvo says that it is the best fuel economy and performance wise. I agree. I use BP Ultimate 98 octane. It is expensive to buy-but at NZ$1.30 per litre-I get 7.9L per 100ks. If I use Cruise Control with passenger I get 8.21L per 100ks-when I drive down country.

I notice the performance both when starting (starts very easy and using the Turbo-megatons of power.)

Cheers

· Premium Member
1,818 Posts
and it might be in my head but I swear it's not as quick if I run regular.

For what my two cents is worth: the original S80 2.0T I drove the lady owner didn't know what grade of petrol she used-just the cheapest. Worse still, I could not tell if it was turbo-charged either. The car's performance was bad. She never used the kick-down-she didn't know what it was or what it did!!

When I got my S80 and used the 98.4 octane BP Ultimate petrol-the performance spoke for itself. I knew it was turbo-my car turns into a V8 with very little effort.

Also, I notice that my oil stays a lot cleaner a lot longer now that I am using the 98.4 octane petrol. I definitely don't imagine that.

I think the expense is worth it in the long run. I notice that the car starts easier also.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.