Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! This is my first post and it's a doooosy!

Being the mechanically-challenged individual that I am, I knew something simple like replacing the trunk light would be something I could screw up. And that I did! As I was replacing the light back into the housing, I guess I actually touched metal to it. I thought the fuse blew because the light wouldn't work even with my backup fuse.

So I decided to leave AutoZone and head home. It's then that I noticed my interior lights not working and that the "door open" indicator remained lit all the way home. After reading the wonderful owners manual (that seems useless in most cases) I went to replace a blown fuse in the interior fuse box. And it seems they all are fine.

So now, it looks like the blown fuse may be in the engine compartment fuse box. I think it could be fuse number 8 (ECC, courtesy lights, ignition lock, Siren, Combined instrument panel) to replace. But there's also a warning attached to that fuse that says "before you pull up the transport fuse holder, make sure that you know the radiocode, since this code will be erased from the radio when pulling up the fuseholder.

Okay, help! Is this the right fuse? If so, how do I find out what my radiocode is? Do I have to call the dealership? I'm sure they'd love to charge me several hundred dollars to fix that fuse! I just hate to drive 100 miles there, pay an "idiot" charge, and return 100 miles to home.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
What year is your car and what model is it? You are talking about transport fuses so im assuming you have a V40 not a V50.There should be a car somewhere in your owners manual or the folder.The radio code is a 4 digit code.Did you test the fuse to make sure it is blown?If not get a test light and check first.Also if you dont have the radio code you can go to the dealer ship and get it for free.You just have to show proof of ownership.If you have any more trouble let me know and i will try to find out more info for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts