Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the IAQS and noticed a funky smell when the auto air cleaner function is on auto. I went to the dealer and they activated the after blow function. The interior fans come on for about 10 minutes after the engine has been shut off for 45 minutes.

This has helped a bit, but there is still a musty smell in the car. Could the IAQS filter be the culprit if its clogged up. The car only has 8k miles so I dunno if thats it or not.

It's odd, if I manually turn the IAQS button off, the smell tends to stay away, or just barely be there. I'd like to use the feature though...any input?

It's an 04 S80 2.5t

Tim

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Did they disinfect the A/C system when they turned on the after blow function?
It is possible that the pollen filter is contaminated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They did not disinfect the system, all that was mentioned was the afterblow activation in VADIS. What do they do to disinfect the system. Is there a specific term I can use when I drop it off next week?

Thanks for your help,
Tim

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
When they disinfect the system they spray a foam into the evaperator that cleans the evaperator.They also spray the vents with an odor killer.

That is the term we use at the dealer.A/C disinfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Mar 21 2005, 04:55 AM)When they disinfect the system they spray a foam into the evaperator that cleans the evaperator.They also spray the vents with an odor killer.

That is the term we use at the dealer.A/C disinfect.
[snapback]5347[/snapback]​

Tech,
is this something we can do ourselves? Where can we get that foam spray? Do you have to remove the filter in the cabin and spray it in there?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
We use a kit Volvo supplies.Yes you can do it your self.Yes you need to remove the pollen filter and spray the foam into the evaperator.Then it will drain out of the A/C drain.

You might be able to get a kit after market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts