Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Aug 25 2005, 06:42 PM)DO NOT BUY IT WILL BREAK AND DAMAGE THE ENGINE
[snapback]14135[/snapback]​

Good to know.

Thanks again sir.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Aug 25 2005, 11:42 PM)DO NOT BUY IT WILL BREAK AND DAMAGE THE ENGINE
[snapback]14135[/snapback]​

excuse me Tech, don't mean to be rude but have you actually tried one or know of anyone who has tried on your/their vehicle? If not how can you make such a claim?

I'm interested in trying something similar on my own 1998 s40, i would like feedback from people who HAVE ACTUALLY TRIED ONE as to how good they are though first.

Also, if anyone uses the ioniser magnets around their cars fuel line such as this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TURBOMAG-XT-6-IONISE...1QQcmdZViewItem can they recommend it to me?

·
Registered
259 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Aug 25 2005, 08:17 PM)Thats what I am here for.
[snapback]14151[/snapback]​

I've actually tried several so called gas savings devices and honestly think its all garbage and a waste of time and money..I have driven vehicles for the past 64 years and found if you keep timely maintenance procedures (luibe/oil/filter) obtain scheduled tune ups and last but not least check your tires at least monthly, you'll get the best possible mileage ...And one other thing., keep a light foot on the accelerater...Be safe..

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts

VACANCY
matt_0978: We have a vacancy and I think you are just the person the forum is looking for. I think you would make a splendid candidate for the job.

Tech's advice is really only limited to his experience helping the forum members save money with preventative maintenance and so on.

We need an expert on damaged engines when these gadgets break.

Would you be kind enough to apply for the job? I am sure you would get it too. In fact, I can almost guarantee you the job. The forum is seriously short of the cavalier and pioneers. I think this would be a magnificent job for you.

The job description is simply this: Buy and install one of these units. Run it until it breaks. Then write the forum a 500 word essay about your experiences. I'm sure it will be very popular.

Cheers

·
506 Posts
QUOTE(matt_0978 @ Dec 6 2006, 01:27 AM)Also, if anyone uses the ioniser magnets around their cars fuel line such as this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TURBOMAG-XT-6-IONISE...1QQcmdZViewItem can they recommend it to me?
[snapback]46353[/snapback]​

I've never used them and I remember they were available here some years ago, the consumer institute tested it and said it didn't work. Some people still swear by them.

Maybe you could try and let us know, seems cheap enough.

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE(Auckland @ Dec 5 2006, 08:27 PM)

VACANCY
matt_0978: We have a vacancy and I think you are just the person the forum is looking for. I think you would make a splendid candidate for the job.

Tech's advice is really only limited to his experience helping the forum members save money with preventative maintenance and so on.

We need an expert on damaged engines when these gadgets break.

Would you be kind enough to apply for the job? I am sure you would get it too. In fact, I can almost guarantee you the job. The forum is seriously short of the cavalier and pioneers. I think this would be a magnificent job for you.

The job description is simply this: Buy and install one of these units. Run it until it breaks. Then write the forum a 500 word essay about your experiences. I'm sure it will be very popular.

Cheers

[snapback]46365[/snapback]​

wreck your own car auckland! there was really no need to be so sarcastic was there? i was simply asking for first-hand experience and it doesn't take one of these devices to break before someone who has been using one can decide if they truly work or not. i made a constructive critiscism, asked a sensible question and waited for a sensible answer.

thanks go to Damotu who provided the insight i was asking for.

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
excuse me Tech, don't mean to be rude but have you actually tried one or know of anyone who has tried on your/their vehicle? If not how can you make such a claim?

Good morning matt_0978. Thank you for your reply. The above statement is a challenge. If Tech tells you not to do something-he does so with good reason. Experts with over 5,000 postings don't usually make ambitious or stupid postings.

He probably doesn't know too many people who have used them and suffered accordingly. I bet the industry as a whole does though. Tech is part of that industry.

I know a vegetable juice that will kill you. It is called strychnine. It is a crystalline poison. If you asked me if it could kill you-I would tell you yes. But, if you challenged me with subjective experience or knowledge (such as you did with Tech) I would have to tell you that I have not tried it, nor do I know anybody else who has tried it and lived to tell of the experience-(such as what you are demanding of Tech).

So sorry if you took my remarks as being offensive. But, I found your challenge to Tech offensive. Also sorry-I don't wreck my car on demand either!!

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts