Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I have a great old 85 245 GL that is barely broken in with 130K. I've had it over a year, but I've only been able to drive it a few times as it has suffered from serious neglect from a previous owner. I am slowly putting it back in shape, having just gotten the drive shaft reinstalled after replacing a screaming carrier bearing.

Now I need to do something simple...plug in a new fuel pump relay. Simple. Clean. Easy....... You would think so. I cannot find the darn thing. I've removed the glove box and looked everywhere on the passenger side (where I understood it was supposed to be). I've pulled the central front console; checked under the steering wheel. No dice.

Any suggestions would be welcomed. I love the fact that I can work on my brick outside here in south Texas (supposed to be 55 degrees tomorrow with sunshine), but right now I can't seem to do anything right on this relay issue.

Help!!!!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You have looked in the places that it is supposed to be.When you pulled the glove box did you look behind the A/C vents?Have you removed the under dash cover on the passenger side and looked by the firewall closest to the passenger door?It is supposed to be in 1 of those places.I looked in my haynes book and they didn't show where it is supposed to be either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mystery solved! I finally decided to take off the kick panel covering the ECU, and viola! there was a lovely little white fuel pump relay that had managed to fall down behind the ECU!

Now I will trickle charge the battery for a while and see if the old girl will start. Then on to checking lights, wipers, etc. and copious prayers to the car gods that I pass emission testing!

Thanks!
Roger

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im glad you found it and im keeping my fingers crossed for you.Let me know how you make out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts