Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey everyone,

Well, I took a suggestion from the topic about hesitation on acceleration and replaced my fuel filter. It was quite a job but I was able to finally torque the bolts out and replaced it with the washers as well. Now I tighened it all back up and secured it back under the car. My problem is this:

I was able to start the car up, ran fine for about two minutes then stalled. Not able to get it started after that, I can get one or two cylenders to fire, but nothing that will keep it running unless I pound the gas. It seems to be a problem with my fuel pressure, which was affected when I broke the line to replace the filter. What could be causing this? I'm looking for all possibilities, thanks in advance for the help.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Do you have 2 pumps or 1?

You should have 2 make sure you didn't accidently unplug the one under the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
OK Went back and jiggled the plug around a little bit, saw a small leak from the output on the filter (I'll tighten that up) but ran it without a problem for about 10 mins (idle). What's the best way to test this and be sure that I won't have any problems on the road? Been towed too many times lately...

Update: Drove it a little locally, could hear the pump working but still sounded like its working a little hard, I can hear the pressure changing in the lines...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If the pump under the car is loud and like gargling the intank pump isn't working.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Take an old short peice of garden hose or something like that and put it in the tank. Unplug the pump under the car and turn the key on and see if you hear the pump in the tank turn on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts