Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a 2000 V70, I live in Canada but the car is originally from the US..I am getting pretty good at the conversions

I am enjoying the smooth ride and extra space, but I am not impressed with the fuel consumption. I have the computer that tells you actual consumption averate etc and when I fill up it tells me I should get 480 Miles on the tank..I have seen it as high as 555. I watch how I drive and have never come close to that. My last tank only gave me 384 miles which was mostly HWY. Also, the last 2 times it has told me I have 50 Miles left in the tank but when I go to fill up I've put in 63 Liters...I think the tank is only 65..so it is pretty close. I obviously do not trust the computer now and I am also wondering how accurate the actual MPG reading is. I am thinking of getting the Does your car have Cholestorol thing done at the dealer..do you think I should just put in a fuel injector cleaner or have it done at the dealer? The car was dealer maintained and I have 75,000 miles on it now.
thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi - you don't say if car is petrol or diesel.

i have a V70 2.5T and get 32mpg - which translates to about 450 miles per tank. My 2.5TDi does 44mpg and gives me about 610 miles. I only trust my indicators down to about 50 miles left in tank! Mind you I live in a very flat part of UK , hills would no doubt make a difference.
Do you zero your combined mpg indicator at refuelling - I find that if I do this and drive really carefully for the first few dozen miles I can then keep my average mpg up and therefore the indicted miles to refill indicator.

steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts