Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very frustrated with my 2001 Volvo S60 that is driven by my wife. I have never owned a vehicle with so many bulb failures. My most recent incident is a message on the dash that say that there is directional signal failure on the right side. The turn signal still works in the front, side, and rear but they all flash very fast. The first thing I did was replace all of the turn signal bulbs with new bulbs and that worked for about a minute. When I turned off the car, put all of the bulb harnesses back in there correct place, and then restarted the car I experienced the exact same warning message and the bulb was blinking fast again.

I then switched the bulbs from the right side of the car to the left. They worked fine on the left side. The working bulbs from the left moved over to the right side now blinked fast and gave the same warning message on the dash.

My vehicle, according to what the service advisor told me, did have the lighting harness recall done. It is in my paperwork and I am the original owner.

What do I do now?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Also look at the sockets I beleieve the originals were brown and the updated ones were green.The sockets might be bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts