Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the aim of the headlamps pretty low. My high beams are money where they are but the lows aren't what they should be. Anybody else notice this on their V70 R? <_

·
Volvo Guru &#33;
5,908 Posts
Im not positive but I think there is a calibration that the dealer can due to the car that may fix it.Have you had it to the dealer complaining of it? Your car comes with xeon lights they have a motor that moves the light up and down for high and low beam.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(r_driver04 @ Dec 15 2004, 06:56 AM)Is it just me or is the aim of the headlamps pretty low. My high beams are money where they are but the lows aren't what they should be. Anybody else notice this on their V70 R? <_
[snapback]1664[/snapback]​

Yes I have a 70R and took it back to get adjusted. It is better now but is still low compared to our other car or compared to other makes. Do you know how to adjust it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My R is due for its 15K maintenance in a month or so. I'll tell the service advisor about the lights then. I love the way the xenons look though, they're money.

·
Volvo Guru &#33;
5,908 Posts
I believe the adjustment is done through the computer at the dealership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Dec 15 2004, 09:47 PM)I believe the adjustment is done through the computer at the dealership.
[snapback]1701[/snapback]​

The lamps are computer controlled? I didn't know that.

·
Volvo Guru &#33;
5,908 Posts
If you look at the when they are switched fron low to high beams a motor moves the entire light up and down they use the same bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(r_driver04 @ Dec 14 2004, 08:56 PM)Is it just me or is the aim of the headlamps pretty low. My high beams are money where they are but the lows aren't what they should be. Anybody else notice this on their V70 R? <_
[snapback]1664[/snapback]​

Yes. I have Bi-Xenon and they were too low. They were adjusted at service but are now too high. There are 2 small white plastic bolts. Does anyone know if these are for adjusting the lights?

·
Volvo Guru &#33;
5,908 Posts
You should be able to make fine adjustments with those white bolts.Be very careful when trying to adjust.Turn them very slow and watch for the lights to move.The best way to adjust is have the lights shine on a wall or garage door.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts