Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been advised that the front discs on my 95 t5 need replacing due to wear. I would be pleased to receive advice on, make of disc, where to buy from, and any tips on doing the job myself and any special tools that are required. Many thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I have delt with many aftermarket rotors and pads and none compare to oem parts.To replace the rotors and pads you will need a 5mm allen socket,A 15mm socket to remove the caliper bracket, and a pair of big channel locks or a c clap to push the caliper back.Also a 10mm wrench.

·
Registered
12 Posts
johnboy

I`m using Volvo genuine pads and Zimmerman perforated discs, genuine volov discs have a problem with disbalance after 50% wearing!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have purchase zimmerman rotors and use oem volvo pads for the last 100k miles and they work fine, no warp, nothing. From FCPGroton pads with run $45 and rotors $45 each.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I have checked mine and it seemed a little worn. (Compared the middle part to the edges). Aside from Zimmerman, what else do you recommend? I wish we have Volvo DIY stores in my country.

Imported cars here normally come with a 3-year warranty for new ones. As such, people buy them new, and as they aproach the third year, sell it and buy new ones. So, the used car market is like quite abundant, while the prices become reasonable.

But then again, people who buy used (like me) have to deal with all that the mechanic tells us. Argh. Sometimes, they are OK. Sometimes, have to wait if and when they are free and willing. Especially on matters where labor makes up the bigger portion of the bill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts