Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to remove the center air vent? I have something in there that I can't get out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are now obligated to specify what you managed to get stuck in there!

Seriously, I managed to chip a very portion of the edge when I was trying to get mine off. The little peice that keeps the vent blades moving in unison pryed off while using an XM Roady2 vent clip.

I ended up going to radio shack and bought some curved locking forcepts and was able to get it back on the blades without removing the vent.

It appears there are 4 little plastic tabs that have to be pried open to get it out. I gave up, maybe Tech can enlighten us on how to get that damn thing out.

Tim

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I haven't payed attention to one in a while but I thing it might be screwed in.It has been a little while since I saw the dash closely.Let me see if I can find a pic online and see if I remember.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It should pop out.You might be able to get to it by removing the speaker grill on top of the dash.If not try prying from the center working outwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what happened to me - Exactly. But, I didn't think anyone would know what the heck I was talking about.

Anyway, I tried the personal tweezers to get the dealy on the back of the fins and that didn't work. I will look for something else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OSUxc90,

Did you get the longer one that allows you to lock the forcepts closed like a little vise?

I bought these at my local radio shack...you can see them online at their website. Worked perfect.

Kronus™ 6" Curved Forceps

$6.99 Brand: Kronus™
Catalog #: 64-2961

Tim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Tim, went to Sears and bought a package of picks (some curved at the end) and was able to snap the fin connector onto the back of the fins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts