Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
You are now obligated to specify what you managed to get stuck in there!

Seriously, I managed to chip a very portion of the edge when I was trying to get mine off. The little peice that keeps the vent blades moving in unison pryed off while using an XM Roady2 vent clip.

I ended up going to radio shack and bought some curved locking forcepts and was able to get it back on the blades without removing the vent.

It appears there are 4 little plastic tabs that have to be pried open to get it out. I gave up, maybe Tech can enlighten us on how to get that damn thing out.

Tim

·
Volvo Guru !
5,911 Posts
I haven't payed attention to one in a while but I thing it might be screwed in.It has been a little while since I saw the dash closely.Let me see if I can find a pic online and see if I remember.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what happened to me - Exactly. But, I didn't think anyone would know what the heck I was talking about.

Anyway, I tried the personal tweezers to get the dealy on the back of the fins and that didn't work. I will look for something else.

·
Registered
33 Posts
OSUxc90,

Did you get the longer one that allows you to lock the forcepts closed like a little vise?

I bought these at my local radio shack...you can see them online at their website. Worked perfect.

Kronus™ 6" Curved Forceps

$6.99 Brand: Kronus™
Catalog #: 64-2961

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.