Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight, I was looking under the hood of my new baby. I saw a tube coming front the air box, towards the front grill. I look down to see the opening of the tube, to find that it is closed off. The good thing is the piece blocking the tube from getting fresh, speed forced air is held in there by one screw. I unscrewed it and managed to take it off. ( You have to wiggle it off. It is kinda on there weird. You will see.) So easy and it is a free mod. Now when you are on the highway doing 90, you have 90mph of fresh, free, cold air going into your intake. The hood closes over it but it is in perfect position. The tube opening is right by the front grill. My Lexus did not have this feature, so I had to custom make my ram air. Also tonight, I tightened the throttle wire screw which made the line tight so I get better throttle response. Just sharing.

Hope you think its cool

Ant.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
That's good advice.

I hope water (especially from rain) won't be able to find its way through to the engine. I havent seen inside the hood of the C70 yet (there's few of them C70s in the country, sadly). It'd be great if you could post some of them photos here, or probably in the Garage in your profile!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had this setup on my Lexus for 2 years and rain and puddles were never a problem. If any rain is suspected, you can just put the cover back on in about literally 15 seconds just to be certain. I do not have a digital camera. (The pic of my car in my profile is from autotrader.com where I saw my baby for the first time). I did, however, search autotrader for engine pics of other people's C70 HT coupes and drew on it in photoshop to illustrate:
[attachmentid=368]
[attachmentid=369]
[attachmentid=370]

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts