Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes an adapter for putting a Ford 5.0 V8 in a Volvo? I have heard there is companies that make them, but haven't found one yet.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im not sure of names but I know a comapny in california makes one.

If not then go to Stangnet.com and there is a guy there with a Volvo with a 302 5.0 in it and he might know.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For those of you that are interested, Converse Engineering sells an adapter for a 5.0 Ford engine in a Volvo. Because of a dwinding supply of low mileage Mustang motors, the engine of choice is from Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer. Both manual overdrive and automatic transmissions with electronic overdrive can be used. The Converse Engineering adapter sells for $950.00 or he will do the swap for about $7500.00 to $8000.00. Converse Engineering is located in Naples, Maine and I believe the web site is www.converengineering.com.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I got the web address wrong..... www.converseengineering.com is the correct address. The phone number is 207-693-4822.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The V-8 5.0 out of the explorer is a good engine to get ahold of.
The intake manifold is almost the same intake as the COBRA intake.
The ports are very big and has very good air flow.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the guys I work with at New England Dragway says that a Ford Motor Sports E303 cam would liven up the 5.0 motor. Read in Summit catalog that the Ford Motor Sports E303 cam is for 5 speed manual transmission. Any ideas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts