Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody knows how I might install a new stereo in my 1986 Volvo 240 2.3 GL Est. I have a Sony CDX F7500 to put in it, but I haven't the foggiest idea on what I might need to get it in.

I also don't know how to get the old one out!

Thanks all,

Jimmy

PS. Also, what is the speaker size for the doors? I think its 10cm, but not sure.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
best bet is to take it to an audio place to have them install it....or ud have to take about 2 hours to install the thing including takin the old one out..because u would have to remove some of the panels in the dash to get to the wires in teh back to reconnect those existing wires to the new radio..then u would have to make a custom mounting kit to house the cd player or maybe purchase one from ebay or something i would have done it but was lazy so i had some people do it for me...itd be best for u to take it there.because they know what they are doing and can easily solve possible complications....now for ur speakers ur front doors are 4 inches in the front and if u have the rear doors it may be 5.25 inches. u would have to take off the speaker grilles to measure the speakers. let me know if u have ne more questions and please visit the garage to take a look at what ive done in audio for my car...it will give u an idea if u wanna take ur audio to a higher level...good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend came round this evening and had a look for me, we took he old one out and saw that the cable connectors are different than those required for my new stereo. I might take a quick visit to Halfords, see what they say.

I would come and look at your car to see how its done, but I'd have to get an aqua conversion done to cross the atlantic first, I live in England!

Thanks for your help though, and I'll keep you informed on any progress!

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
the new ones come with standard ISO connectors for IN and OUT but 1986 Volvo wont have BUT there are conversion kits

otherwise you simply trace old wires and attach to new connector ISO blanks [should have come with the Sony]

also when our friend said to visit he was talking cyber space visitation to the garage HERE

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
lol yeah on volvo-forums garage did u find out how big ur speakers were? cause on some models they are different and they vary i recommend infiniti kappa speakers....clearest i think speakers out there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts