Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody knows how I might install a new stereo in my 1986 Volvo 240 2.3 GL Est. I have a Sony CDX F7500 to put in it, but I haven't the foggiest idea on what I might need to get it in.

I also don't know how to get the old one out!

Thanks all,

Jimmy

PS. Also, what is the speaker size for the doors? I think its 10cm, but not sure.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
best bet is to take it to an audio place to have them install it....or ud have to take about 2 hours to install the thing including takin the old one out..because u would have to remove some of the panels in the dash to get to the wires in teh back to reconnect those existing wires to the new radio..then u would have to make a custom mounting kit to house the cd player or maybe purchase one from ebay or something i would have done it but was lazy so i had some people do it for me...itd be best for u to take it there.because they know what they are doing and can easily solve possible complications....now for ur speakers ur front doors are 4 inches in the front and if u have the rear doors it may be 5.25 inches. u would have to take off the speaker grilles to measure the speakers. let me know if u have ne more questions and please visit the garage to take a look at what ive done in audio for my car...it will give u an idea if u wanna take ur audio to a higher level...good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend came round this evening and had a look for me, we took he old one out and saw that the cable connectors are different than those required for my new stereo. I might take a quick visit to Halfords, see what they say.

I would come and look at your car to see how its done, but I'd have to get an aqua conversion done to cross the atlantic first, I live in England!

Thanks for your help though, and I'll keep you informed on any progress!

Jimmy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.