Volvo Owners Forum banner

Fitting A Dog Guard

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Trekxc70 
#1 ·
HELP!!

I've just purchased a V40, and the previous owner supplied a Volvo dog guard, and a new fitting kit for it. Unfortunately, he did not have any fitting instructions, and as the fitting kit appears to have dozens of bits, I'm totally baffled as how to fit it.

Is there anyone who could give me any idea as how to go about this. I've enquired at my local Volvo garage, but they don't have any instructions available.

Thanks for any help.

#3 ·
Hi I found this on another forum I hope it helps

Volvo Maintenance FAQ for 7xx/9xx/90 Cars

Wagon Dog Guard. [Query] How do I install the dog guard in the rear of my estate? [Responses:Ian Junor/Ian Cook] There are captive nuts hidden in the roof (behind removable but fragile cutouts in the plastic trim above the windows.) You will need to locate these and cut access. The access will eventually be hidden by the mounting plate, but keep it as small as possible. You will also need to fit two lock down clips to the back of the rear seat. You will need to work out the best position for these to keep the guard held down tight with no rattles. Drill carefully. The guard will also require two clips attached to the upper framework of the side window. Again this will be a question of best estimate for location and take the usual drilling precautions to avoid drill bit slide.

If not then you may want to try a Google search and see if any one has posted a set of instructions on another site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.