Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hate it when thing don't work... so when I noticed the light in the middle console (also from the rear ashtray) did not work I had to replace the little light inside.

Open the box and lift out the plastic cover where the bolts are below.

Remove both bolts.

Then seat yourself in the backseat, enjoy the great seats, and bend over to remove the ashtray. You can easily click it out without breaking anything!

Next thing is pulling away the backside of the console, the part in which the ashtray normally is placed. Just pull on the downside (where the brown cable is used in the pictures to do so without hurting any fingers) and the entire part should click loose. You can now see the light in it's container. Take it out carefully and replace it for a new one!

Act these steps in the reversed order to get it all installed again!

Here some images to help you out on this easy action, in random order
:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Thanks for sharing, dude!

Borrowing your picture as below, the plastic cover at the hinge as highlighted in yellow is always broken! I've fixed it up like twice already.
And well, it doesn't help having my kids pulling it backwards and all, every now and then...

Wish Volvo made them a lot tougher than it is.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
QUOTE(denkweb @ Aug 21 2005, 01:09 AM)
Here some images to help you out on this easy action, in random order
:
[snapback]13848[/snapback]​

BTW, you just LOOOOOOVE to make us guess, ya?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imagine the time I was busy uploading... and afterwards you can not correct the order of presenting the images...

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Please realize that the bulb in THIS PICTURE is in a 'socket'. The Glass bulb just pulls from the plastic socket. That bulb was close to $5 from my local Volvo dealer!

BTW: That picture shows the bulb in a 'Round' socket. I have seen 'Square' sockets also (on the same car).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(deadken @ Aug 22 2005, 07:46 PM)Please realize that the bulb in THIS PICTURE is in a 'socket'. The Glass bulb just pulls from the plastic socket. That bulb was close to $5 from my local Volvo dealer!

BTW: That picture shows the bulb in a 'Round' socket. I have seen 'Square' sockets also (on the same car).
[snapback]13959[/snapback]​

Plastic socket? The light and the socket are in one piece... very expensive little light. The complete light fits in a metal socket as seen in picture 1.

I think of mounting a LED next time I have to pull this open again...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts