Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas on my 91 740 the radio doesnt work. It has a EEE on the screen and I cant do anything with it. The guy I bought the car from had the radio in the trunk because he said it didnt work with the code he had. I plugged it back up and it asked for the code, I typed the code he gave me in and it went to EEE so I assumed it was bad. I finally got the correct code from the dealership but I cant get the radio to stop saying EEE. I have tried unplugging it and everything but nothign works. The second time I got the radio to ask for the code was by unplugging the fuse but that no longer works. What should I do?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You will have to leave the key in the position 1 for atleast 2 hours till the radio says code again.Then you can enter the proper code.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 hours? Wont that drain my battery? So I leave it in that position with the radio on or off.
Hopefully knowone will steal my car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how I was able to get it to go the ask for the code screen before because I pulled the fuse out and it went to that screen and the first time i just put it back in the car after being unplugged for a while.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Not sure why it did it when you pulled the fuse.
You leave the radio in the on position.Key position 1 where just the radio works and thats all.
It shouldn't drain the battery because pretty much all that is powered is the radio.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts