Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Since my check engine light came on shortly after refueling, I figured the sensor picked up that the gas cap wasn't on tight. The light went off eventually. I got gas again, and it came back again.
I bought an obd ii code reader and got an error code of "P 0-1-9-2". The code book shows this as having to do with the fuel rail. Is this the code for the gas cap, or do I have a problem that needs to be looked at?
The car (03 S60) has been running fine, as far as I can tell.
Thanks for any help and suggestions,
Ed

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the light still comes on every now and then -- usually after getting gas. It still runs fine -- if it were the fuel rail like the 0192 / 0194 code says, does anyone know if I'd feel it while driving, like a rough running engine? The code is usually P0192, but twice has come up as P0194. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks,

Ed

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To finish up the story: The car still ran fine, no drop in gas mileage, but since I'm coming up on my safety inspection and needed to get the "Check engine" light taken care of, I went to the dealer last week. He said it was the fuel rail pressure sensor and replaced it under the warranty. The car still runs fine. I don't know if it's my imagination, or if it's actually running better. In any case, it's done for now.

Ed

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a subtle distinction between the 2 codes. P0192 is "Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Low Input" and P0194 is "Fuel Rail Pressure Circuit Intermittant". Intermittants are always fun to diagnose ... they never misbehave when you're paying for a diagnosis. I'd suspect the fuel cap if the pressure was high (P0193), not low. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts