Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was a way to tune up the engine in my V50. I have the 2.4i (175 HP) engine, which does not have a turbo charger. Do chips exists for these kind of engines? Who makes them?

Thanks a lot.
BK

·
Registered
1 Posts
As far as I know there is no tuning available for the 2.4i (170 bhp). Until now some manufacturers (like Rica in the Netherlands) are preparing a chip to convert a 2.4 (140 bhp) into a 180 bhp. Basically what they do is upgrade the engine again, since a 2.4 is nothing less than a downtuned 2.4i.

Theoratically your 170 bhp version can be upgraded to 180 bhp too, but the difference is so small that it won't be worth the money.

R.S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. In the meantime, I found out about a manufacturer which offers a chip set for the 2.4i engine. It boosts the engine to 190 HP and costs 600 EUR.

Here is the link if you are interested (and speak some German). Select V50 and click on the last page section on the top [25-28].

http://www.mr-sweden-motorsport.de/Shop_Kunden/start.htm

I will talk to the local dealer and try to get their 'honest' second opinion on this.

Thanks again.
BK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts