Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tech and guys,

Allow me to make a qualifying statement here :- I really don't know much about car engines. This is my first Volvo - and though may definitely not be my last - and even in my previous Proton Tiara, Citroen XM and Proton Wira, have never learnt much about engines. So, don't kill me just yet.

Is it true that the tuning for the engine is pre-fixed? Can I have it further fine-tuned?

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aaah, I see. So, the tuning part IS pre-fixed according to the computer lah. OK... Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You can also turn the turbo up a little bit for a little more boost.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You should be able to get both cams in the aftermarket.The computer programming is what made most of the diffrence between both of those cars.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's the thing - I think the previous owner might have 'tuned' the car to be a tad economic in fuel consumption. The reason why I say this is simple - though the brochures indicated that urban consumption would go from 20.7L upwards per100 kms, I rarely see my car use more than 16L! Sure, that's just a 4L difference, but over time, and especially now, with the increasing costs of petrol, the savings would definitely be significant... Yeahooo !

Only the maintenance and the parts that seem to still be going upwards in costs. With this duty and that duty and all, sigh.

In any case, I really sure wish there are more aftermarkets here for continental cars... And wish they have more Volvo-compatible stuffs as well... If only I could easily change the computers as and when I wish. Heheeee...

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you bought a performance computer and paid extra to keep yours.Then you could change it anytime you wanted to.There is no programming on your car besides inside the computer it self.It is not like the newer cars that when you change the engine computer it needs to be programmed to the car.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can???

Full of surprises this 850, eh?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts