Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am owning 2.4i Volvo s40, I am having a problem of a dash board message ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED. This message keeps coming up while driving. I have tried to reset but just keeps coming. please help

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
you would probably need the codes read to find out why its coming up, then once you know the cause then you can fix the reason it is coming up, on my V50 2.0d I had that message, and the codes it gave were a pending low turbo boost, in the end I tracked it down to a broken wire on the manifold air pressure switch, fixed the problem and the code went away.
Also how are you resetting the codes, that sort of implies you have a code reader to reset them. if so, what codes are coming up?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi grendel1960 could it be he's referring to the service indicatore that annually pops on to remind you to service engine filters oil etc, is it possible to reset this via the stalk controls?

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
I believe its reset by pressing the odometer reset button as you turn on the ignition, there is a specific sequence, I always have to google it when I need to reset mine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
yes i think your correct i had the reminder and moments ago cleard the massage priore to reading your post i did a little tube search for clarification and found a usefull video i would say onc you have followed this short tutorial and when holding the odometre the caution light will flash realese it befor flashing stops i let it flash 3 times or more and upon realese a reasuring bong sound to confirm reset.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts