Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received the ominous "Engine System Service Urgent" message from my 2002 S60...it popped up today after filling the gas tank. Does anyone have any insight or advice about this particular message? Being Sunday, I can't get it taken care of until tomorrow, but I'd like to have some info before my dealer charges me an arm and a leg for it. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you didn't get the gas cap on properly that might have set it.If the car was running while fueling that might have set it.It could be about 100 diffrent things.The best thing to do is have the codes pulled then take it from there.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Let me know how you make out.Alot of big chain Auto parts stores pull codes for free now.Auto Zone,Advanced Auto parts, stores like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turns out there was something wrong! I took it to the dealer and they informed me that the Accelerator Pedal Sensor needs to be replaced. Though I haven't noticed any acceleration problems, it may just be that I live in the city so I can't go faster than 30 anyway, I hope I can still tool around for the next few days while I wait for the part to come in. Thanks for your prompt insight and support! This forum is definitely going to be on my Favorites list from now on!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Glad you got it looked at you should be fine til the part comes in.Also keep an eye and make sure your throttle body is not on its way out.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You try cleaning it first and if the probelm and the codes are still there it is bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts