Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Volvo coming out with any performance chips for the 2005 S40 T5 AWD? I heard something about a possible power increase from 218hp to about 300hp. Rumours or is there some truth to it?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I have heard about a performance computer as well but haven't seen it yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
apparently you cannot see the price until you order it! At least not that I could tell. .or maybe the only price listed is on the downladable german PDF and in Euros. .not much good for me. .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, if u go to www.evolvecars.com they have some cool stuff for the S40 T5. The computer chip they have adds 34 Hp. It costs 640 but you'd have 252 Hp. I'm seriously thinking about getting one myself.

Nate

·
Registered
1 Posts
BSR has one that with a down pipe and exhaust will give you 285hp and 325lb-ft. About 3 grand. www.bsr-sweden.com or buy it in america from www.engstrom.net

·
Registered
92 Posts
Beware: I contact eVolve and they indicate the following: If I add the performance chip to the volvo and I need to provide some kind of maintenance in the Volvo dealer, they erase the chip programming, so I NEED to send back the ECu for reprograming to eVolve everytime the Volvo dealer "touch" the software in the car. Is that true? This can be a nightmare!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts