Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a werrin noise coming from the top offside of my engine ive only had it 2 days some say its fuel pump but im dont know it sounds like tappits

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is probally your injectors they are very noisey with the newer models lately.It sounds almost like tappets but it is the injectors.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The 04 1/2 has and electric power steering pump It still might be the injectors on your car to when you turn the power needed to power the pump puts strain on the engine wanting to increase power.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have an volvo s40 1.6 gasoline and notice at late that there is a problem , when i´m driving and acelerate the car appears a red and green light that indicates electric problem, somethimes also appears a red light that indicate imobilization and when i stop the car but the motor stills working and i open any door the air stars working? I need some help.
Igor

·
Registered
261 Posts
VolvoS40T5boy, I have noticed the same on my 05 s40 2.4i. It is like tech says... the pump wants more power. You may also notice that the headlights dim just a bit when you turn the wheels hard at idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts