Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all,

Just came back from Blackpool after a short break and on the way there my engine managment light came on. On the way home I stopped off at my nearest volvo dealer and he hooked up a laptop and said that the car miss fired and thats why the light came on.

Now after a chat with him he says the car needs a good service and the timing belt needs a change but at around £560.00 quid thats a lot of dosh. The software he used, can I get hold of that and use it on my laptop?

Comments the miss fire and service needed as well as where I can get this vadis software from.

Laters all.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
For the Vadis software try E-bay.
The missfire is most likely either bad spark plugs or bad coils.

You can probably do them your self.

As for the timing belt if it is due make sure you get it done.If not then it will cost you maybe 3 times that to fix it once the belt breaks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have the same problem.... does your car run very rough when you mash on the gas? does it also start very rough now? i thought i had found a copy of the vadis software on morepheus but was unable to get the entire file.... if you get it or the info on how to PLEASE share!!! i have gotten some very vague answers from our local stealer on our problem and since i do machine controls for a living i would love to see that software good luck and let me know [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts