Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I have a Volvo V70 -98, Canadian specification.
Lately I have had the emission light to go on. It is possible to reset but the light comes back after a while (not directly).
I have had the car in at my local deal to read the fault code but the only code the get back are EFI-611 that apparently does not exist!
The engine runs as usual and everything else is normal. Emissions as they should so it does not seem to be any faults there.
After the light has been reset it comes back on again after a while. It comes back when the engine is warm(normal temp) and it has been idling for a while, for example when there is bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Have anyone else experienced this problem? I guess there is some glitch in the sensors or the connectors but before letting the workshop do a (probably) expensive trouble shooting I would like to know if there is any thing I can check myself.
I have found a TSB that seems to address the problem, however I only have the name not the actual TSB text. What is the best way to get access to a TSB. The one I am after is "2230007 DEC 97 MIL ON, DTCs EFI-611, EFI-612 EVAP Leakage". There seems to be one related called "2308 Mar 98 Subject regrading diagnosing trouble codes EFI-611 and EFI-612 on evop system".

Best Regards,

Kalle

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Maybe someone will be able to tell you where to find the TSB.
You have either a bad Evap valve or a leak in the Evap system.
I hate those codes sometimes it will take like 3 hours to find the problem.

The entire Evap system needs to be pressurized and tested for a leak.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
For Technical Service Bulletins, you may need to subscribe into https://www.volvotechinfo.com/

Or you may do a search on the online Library from VolvoCars in the US at http://www.volvocars.us/Volvocars.Web.Site...CACHEHINT=Guest

A cheaper alternative that may not always work is hoping that someone else on the net has encountered the same problem, and out of the kindness of his or her heart, posted the TSB on their sites to help other people for reference. Get it by doing a general search on Google.

Or, probably the TSB is already mentioned in this forum somewhere, or in other sections here, so you may need to find one by again laboring in some search.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

The same thing happens to my 1999 V70 wagon. It is also a Canadian Volvo. It recently passed inspection without issue.

I have had the exhaust smoked to look for leaks, but nothing comes of it. My code will clear if I disconnect my battery but eventually, like you, it comes on when the car is idling. It is driving me crazy. I don't have answers (I am sorry!) but I am having the same issue. My car drives normally too.

If you ever find out the issue, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Heather

1 - 5 of 5 Posts