Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i'm new to the forum. i had done some online searching for this topic, and in doing do, discovered these forums.

hoping that somebody can offer some advice. i have had intermittent problems with a system information message "Engine Service Required". when this happens, i usually just unscrew the gas cap and tighten it again, and the message goes away.

this time, however, it is the Check Engine light. i found some earlier postings and tried them:

hold the read button and press foglight switches twice to read DTC's. here is the list i wrote down:

checking DTCS
DTCS in vehicle
BCM DTC set
SRS ready
TCM checking (waited almost a minute then just hit the read button to continue)
ECM DTC set
DEM DTC set
AUM ready
CEM DTC set
DIM ready
DDM DTC set
CCM checking (again, waited and then just hit read to continue)
PDM DTC set
PSM checking (hit read to continue after waiting)
REM checking (hit read to continue after waiting)
SWM ready
UEM DTC set

i also tried to reset the Check Engine Light doing the following:
ignition key in position I
push in and hold odometer reset button, while holding, move key to position II
when service light blinks, release the odometer reset button

and when i turn ignition back to off and then on again, the Check Engine Light is still lit

is there anything else i can check before taking it to a service center?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The thing with the trip button and the key only works for the SERVICE LIGHT.You need to take it somewhere and have the codes pulled.It could be about 100 diffrent things.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check Engine light will go away after awhile. The problem started with gas cap not being tightened. Your car will soon stall with no gas pedal response when you try to accelerate. You'll get "Performace reduced" message. If you get this, you'll need to turn off the car for a minute and then start it again. The light will disappear.

The problem will move to ETM failure. See my post on class action lawsuit related to ETM failure

http://www.volvo-forums.com/index.php?show...1877&hl=lawsuit

I hope you are under warranty.

bavmotor

1 - 3 of 3 Posts