Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have just stumbled across this forum whilst trying to investigate a problem with my car. Hope someone can help!

I need help and advice please. My car is an 850 T5 estate 1995.
I have a fault in the Electronic Climate Control system, that is what the car is telling me!. The "REC" and "AC OFF" warning lights flash when the ignition is switched on for about 20 seconds. Although everything appears to be working ok.
I have got a fault code read out from the diagnostic unit as follows. 1-3-2. 1-3-4. 4-1-3. 4-1-4. 4-1-6. 4-1-7. 4-1-8.
I note that these codes apart from one all relate to temperature sensors.
I cannot imagine that I have 7 different faults that all occured at once!, and I am assuming that there is one fault resulting in several components of the climate control system not working. Has anyone out there had a similar problem or can anyone suggest what I need to check to resolve the fault. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Have you cleared the codes yet?I think you need to recalibrate all of your position motors for the a/c system.Try to do some research I think you have a have the temp,positions,fan speed switch in a certain position then it runs the calibration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 4 2005, 11:21 PM)Have you cleared the codes yet?I think you need to recalibrate all of your position motors for the a/c system.Try to do some research I think you have a have the temp,positions,fan speed switch in a certain position then it runs the calibration.
[snapback]2081[/snapback]​

Thanks Tech. On Wednesday a friend and I cleared the codes and were left with just one, 4-1-7, which we couldn't get rid of even though everything was working ok. Today I was reading through the Haynes manual and had decieded to do exactly what you are suggesting. Guess what?, I got in the car today and NO flashing warning lights!!!. Tried it twice more and somehow it had cleared itself.
Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts