Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K, here's a strange one. I drove tonight for about 15 minutes and everything is working fine. I left the car for about an hour and a half, then got in it to leave and:

1. A/C Blower no longer works on the number 1 setting.
2. A/C Comp is not turning on at all
3. Fuel pump is straining, like the tank pump is not working.

Other than that car runs well other than some hesitation probably from the fuel pump issue.

Is there a relay that controls these three items? I cannot figure out what made all these fail at the same time. If anyone has an electrical schematic and could pass it along, that would be great. Thanks.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Clean the fuse box really good and see if it helps.Remove the fuses and clean the fuse box.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went out last night after my post and spun all the fuses in their holders and everything is working again. Strange. I am going to do some further investigating into loose connections and such after this weekend. I saw something on a search about corrosion on the fuses, so I'll check that too. Thanks again for your help!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
NO problem.
Do like I said clean the contacts good and get some dielectric grease and install it on the ends of the fuses before installing.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
also if there is not enough "pressure" on the fuses just bend the holders out a bit with fine pliers so that fuse clips in solidly

while you are doing all that I would replace all fuses - maybe cost you $3 but new ones wont be corroded thus giving contact resistance

rotating the fuse proved it WAS contact resistance but it will return unless you do as Tech says and clean up the lot [or replace]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts