Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had an check engine light come on and got code 154, leaking EGR valve. I took my car in an the mechanic (not technician) discovered that my EGR valve was clogged with carbon and that he would have to take off the intake manifold and give it an acid dip which would be about 2.5 hrs in labor so I opted to do it myself. The car seemed to be running fine until today when suddenly my car began to sputter and bog and die at low rpm. Above 1500 it runs normal. This problem began immediately after I bottomed out on a pothole. I later noticed that my radiator mount had broken and that the radiator had dropped and that the bottom plastic chamber(attached to turbo exhaust hose)was broken and air was coming out. The car is behaving like it has a vaccum leak and I wonder if this would have anything to do with it? No other vaccum hoses seem to be pulled out on to of the radiator. What do you think?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The radiator you are refering to would be your intercooler.
If it had a hole in it then it will need to be replaced.It is creating a HUGE vaccum leak and making it run very bad.That is a pretty big lob to replace.You will have to drop the radiator and the intercooler as one then replace the intercooler.
They will have to be dropped out of the bottom of the car.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Let me now how it goes.It will take you a little while to replace the intercooler.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts