Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 1999 C70 T5. black with 18" rims. I recently installed powerchip and must say that what value for money.

increases are 176kw to 210kw and 330nm to 400nm of torque all for AUD$1000.

also upgraded the exhaulst with a resonator. The stock C70 muffler is really designed to keep the noise level down. i'm not very mechanical but when i saw the size difference compared to the sports muffler i was surprised. the stock was 3 times the size, made up of numberous chambers.

so now the my C70 gives a low classy sound and so much power for no major modification to the car.

francis

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Congrats the really sound good with a nice muffler on it.Those chips make a big diffrence as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tech, as a guy who see's Volvo's all the time, have you ever seen a dealer refuse a warranty claim based on chipping or ecu reprogramming?

Tim

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I have only ever seen it once but it was a weird situation.Under the norm they pretty much never know it is there unless you tell them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi timt6, the waranty question is a good one. i actually still have a new car extended warantee and i double checked with the dealer where i bought the car from new. and they ok'd the chip upgrade. In fact they are offering this as an option to their new customers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Francis,

Was wondering if you could put me in the know for the ECU chip you got. I gather you are in Oz? Anyway any info would be great

Cheers

OzSamurai

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi OzSamurai, sure
www.powerchip.com

they have affiliates worldwide.

good luck. its money well spent.

francis

·
Registered
27 Posts
I checked the powerchip site but on my PC it was a dead link, am I holding my face wrong or something? the other links I will check out thoroughly, nice to meet you Tech by the way, have seen alot of your posts here, 'you da' man!'

Cheers

Oz

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
QUOTE(ozsamurai @ Apr 20 2005, 07:23 PM)I checked the powerchip site but on my PC it was a dead link, am I holding my face wrong or something? the other links I will check out thoroughly, nice to meet you Tech by the way, have seen alot of your posts here, 'you da' man!'
Cheers

Oz
[snapback]6960[/snapback]​

Thanks I do what I can to help!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts