Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 02 S60 from my local volvo dealer. I just started noticing a metalic noise coming from the driver side wheel at 20mph* . You can only hear the noise inside. Could be the drivetrain. Any Ideas? 1 more ? Any one put speakers in the rear deck? The rear door speakers sound like crap.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will give them a call. It is still under warranty but wouldnt they catch it when they did the state inspection? There are no speakers on the rear deck , but there are cut outs with wire harnesses.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is constant but it is less faint at higher speeds. At 40mph it is the loudest gets even louder going into a right turn. I am bringing into the shop this friday. now i have noticed my shift relay is real loud when i apply the brakes to shift it into drive. They told me it was normal but i just started to notice it. Is it normal to feel and hear the shift relay? Thanks Tom

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK , I brought the car in on friday. They told me it wasnt a bad wheel bearing but, the mechanic did here a noise up front . The front end was a little out of alingment and the front hubs where full of rust. The car is still making the noise. I think it could just be wheel noise because when i am on different grades of ashpalt it stops making that noise or it is louder. I might go change the tires soon. They are the original michelins. Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts