Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2012 S60 T6.

I assume there is a bad switch somewhere. Where? Any fixes? Replacement? What's the story? TIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
QUOTE (jcdod @ Jul 25 2020, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>New to me 2012 S60 T6.

I assume there is a bad switch somewhere. Where? Any fixes? Replacement? What's the story? TIA

Dealer thought it was the latch recall since I was getting the same message outlined in the recall. They replaced the latch, still had the "door open" message. They traced it the wiring harness at he door on the pillar side. One of the wires was damaged an a new section was spliced in.

Hope this helps someone else too.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
QUOTE (jcdod @ Aug 3 2020, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dealer thought it was the latch recall since I was getting the same message outlined in the recall. They replaced the latch, still had the "door open" message. They traced it the wiring harness at he door on the pillar side. One of the wires was damaged an a new section was spliced in.

Hope this helps someone else too.
check the pin switches on the door frame under the rubber may be rust try electrical cleaner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah you will find that wire(s) have snapped within the rubber boot between the door and car body. The culprit is a little zip tie that cuts the wires.

Common problem. You will need to get to the snapped wire and solder in a short piece of wire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts