Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

More a cosmetic issue than anything else, but was wondering if anyone had replaced the clear protective strip along the runner boards. Mine has been kicked around a bit and peeled in a few places (at least it did its job to protect the paint) and looks tatty, any gems of wisdom on getting a new one and fitting it??

Also the previous owner stripped the VOLVO and C70 and T5 logo's off the back, is genuine my only option for replacement here, last time I bought a GLT logo only here in Japan it cost me $90.....ouch!!

Cheers

Oz

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Those clear tape looking things are pretty thick and come off pretty easy unless they are really baked on there.
I haven't seen the logo's avalible in the aftermarket yet.That doesn't mean they are not out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
So just 'rip it off' (slowly) you think? Do you all still have them on your car are they like a temp thing maybe..? Anyway got to go to Volvo today to pick up some bits, see what they have to say about the logo for me.

Another quick one, can I substitute a V/S70 bonnet onto thre C? or are the completely different animals?

Cheers

Oz

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(ozsamurai @ Apr 27 2005, 10:24 PM)Hi All,

More a cosmetic issue than anything else, but was wondering if anyone had replaced the clear protective strip along the runner boards. Mine has been kicked around a bit and peeled in a few places (at least it did its job to protect the paint) and looks tatty, any gems of wisdom on getting a new one and fitting it??

Also the previous owner stripped the VOLVO and C70 and T5 logo's off the back, is genuine my only option for replacement here, last time I bought a GLT logo only here in Japan it cost me $90.....ouch!!

Cheers

Oz
[snapback]7279[/snapback]​

When I bought my C70 the plastic strip was still on. My freind whos was with me preps cars at a dealership and imediately ripped it off. He said he had been taught to do so as it can lead to rust damage underneath. (the passenger side of the car had such damage)
Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.