Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
First thing to check is make sure the torxes screw for the door stay is tight.The door stay is located bye the front of the door in about the middle of the door.It goes from the door to the body.I have seen from time to time the weld on the body side brake.If the weld broke it will have to go to a body shop to be repaired.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 13 2005, 09:26 AM)First thing to check is make sure the torxes screw for the door stay is tight.The door stay is located bye the front of the door in about the middle of the door.It goes from the door to the body.I have seen from time to time the weld on the body side brake.If the weld broke it will have to go to a body shop to be repaired.
[snapback]2262[/snapback]​

I BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED, IT LOOKS BROKEN ANYWAY . =(

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sorry to hear about that you can try to lube where it goes into the door good and it might quiet it a little.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Jan 13 2005, 08:16 PM)Sorry to hear about that you can try to lube where it goes into the door good and it might quiet it a little.
[snapback]2271[/snapback]​

I had this problem, the weld on the door retainer is prone to fail and basically you need to buy a new part at a cost of 20GBP. If your fitting it yourself you will need to take the door panel off, remove the old part (3 bolts), then the fun starts. When I did mine I spend 2 hours trying to fit the new part, just because Volvo didn't made the hole in the door (between door and wing/fendor) the same size as the bar. It's just a case of trial and error, and a good supply of Coffee. My advice would to watch carefully then angle of the bar when you remove the old part. Good luck

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im BECKHAM'S case I believe the weld on the body of the car broke.Not the door check stop that goes into the door.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Yan @ Jan 14 2005, 07:38 PM)I had this problem, the weld on the door retainer is prone to fail and basically you need to buy a new part at a cost of 20GBP. If your fitting it yourself you will need to take the door panel off, remove the old part (3 bolts), then the fun starts. When I did mine I spend 2 hours trying to fit the new part, just because Volvo didn't made the hole in the door (between door and wing/fendor) the same size as the bar. It's just a case of trial and error, and a good supply of Coffee. My advice would to watch carefully then angle of the bar when you remove the old part. Good luck

[snapback]2307[/snapback]​

my Father is a VERY good welder do you think welding it would fix it? That's kinda what our conclusion has come to.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If it is on the body side of the car where the arm attaches to the car than yes it needs to be welded to get it fixed.Pull the rubber boot away from the body of the car and look at it good.Open and close the door some and watch it then you will be able to see if the weld is broke or if the screw is loose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts