Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anybody have any similar problem and want to share. My v70 1998 left rear passenger side door lock would not unlock either with key or remote. Every door work fine except that one (left rear passenger door)

This one particular door (left rear passenger) will lock but not unlock. This happen when my daughter pull the door handle same time i push the remote to unlock hte car. After that it will lock but no unlock.. Any help or suggesstion would be great.

Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Sounds like it is bad and will need to be replaced.If it won't unlock at all anymore then they will have to break the door panel to get into the door.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THanks Tech,

I've open up the door panel and take out the door lock machanism the whole think is gonna be rreplace. WOw, haven't gone to the dealer yet, is this thing gonna be expensive? thanks aagain tech.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
It is pretty expensive.It will save you some money for you to replace it your self.

·
Registered
2 Posts
same door...same issue...any quick (or otherwise) instructions on how to do it my self (including panel removal)...I'm pretty handy....Thanks and God bless!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
To get the door panel off remove the ring around the inner door handle then the screw in the inner grab handle and pull the panel to remove,

Then the lock is held in by 3 screws then unplug it and it will come out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts