Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!! can anyone let me know what i've done wrong?? I decided to strip out and clean the air filter housing and associated components to give them a good clean and check over as i have just got the car and wanted to give it a good clean before i go to a volvo owners meeting.Thing is ,once i put it all back together the exhaust emission control system light came on in my dash? Any ideas please? oh,its a 1991 960 saloon

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Did you either turn the key on while it was apart or forget to plug something back in?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi TECH......thanks for your reply,have been in to my very friendly local Volvo garage this morning and had the problem sorted.With me disconnecting all the electrical leads to the filter housing then reconnecting i had basically told the ECU that the filter was no longer connected!! A qauick hook up to the central command bunker at Headquarters tactical volvo command UK and it was all put back right.......YIPEEEEEEEEEEE
So no more light on the dash and a lesson in "don't touch" for me.I will try to get some photos done and uploaded today....its a beast that likes to be oggled at
At least i can carry on with getting it ready for the owners club meeting at the weekend.Thanks again for your input,as always its much appreciated.......Trackpad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts