Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was replacing the rotor and distributer cap on my 94 volvo 850 non-turbo, and I stripped one of the rotor to camshaft bolts. The other two went in fine... I was using an alan screw driver.

Anyways, so it looks like there is some sort of cover that the rotor goes into. Can I pull this off by undoing that bolt, drill/tap, and put new threads on it, or does the rotor bolts go all the way through to the cam? Or can I just leave that cover on and just drill without removing anything?

anyway thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The rotor will have to come off to remove the cover.Im not sure if you will be able to tap it.That metal is very thin.You might just have to buy a new peice.

Note::: when removing and installing the metal plate look at it very close.It only goes on one way.It is like an offset half moon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some questions about replacing that cover:
Will I have to replace any seals?
How tight should I get that cover bolt after I fix/replace it?
Should I use locktight?
any other advise?

thank you
Jeff

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You wont need to replace the seal.You can use light locktite if you want.If you work on cars then you will know when it is pretty tight.You don't need to use a big breaker bar to tighten it but tighten it pretty good.No other advise the job is pretty straight foward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts