Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My S60 2.4T is reaching its 4year/50k factory warrenty. We are offered at about $2500 to purchase extended warrenty to 85k/3years ($100 deductibl). I am not sure if this worthwhile.

How much do you guys spend for repairs once the car is out of warrenty? Any recommendation is appreicated.

If not going for volvo extended warrenty, do you have any recommendation on 3rd party warrenty?

Thanks a lot,

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
In my opinion it is well worth it.If you happen to have the trans go bad That will be about what you paid for the warranty.
If you have to do the throttle body it is about $1200.00-$1500.00 just for the repair.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I asked recently about extended warranty for my S60 and the dealer candidly told me it wouldn't really be worth it in my case because I only do about 9k miles a year , and that I'd be really unlucky if I had to spend anything like the £800 on a repair that it would otherwise cost me to extend the warranty.
The warranty extends to a 4th year or 60,000 miles - whichever came sooner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too am deciding if an extended warrenty for close to $2200 is worth it. It would give me about 55k miles of extra coverage. I find that there is a pretty large discrepency between dealler cost of repairs with local independent service shops dedicated to SAAB/VOLVO.

My feeling is that if the car has two major repairs, you might break even, it would need to require a third before you are a head of the game. I DON"T WANT THREE MAJOR REPAIRS..LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts