Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted all to know about my TRUE NON CUSTOMER SATISFACTION with VOLVO
All is Truth! Please start at the bottom & read up.
Thanks

Bob,
I and my staff have worked our butt off to help you in this matter. No excuses but at a end of a model year build out has been completed the options for your request were very limited. As an award winning dealer in customer service excellence in both Volvo and BMW I deeply resent your remarks.

Based on your email I will consider this case closed.

Keith A. Snyder
General Manager
BMW of Little Rock
North Point Volvo
Fax 501.907.0277
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 7:58 AM
To: Keith Snyder
Subject: XC90 Lemon

Keith,

I wanted to inform you of this as I move forward advising all the TRUTH of my Volvo experience.

I called for you last Friday, April 1st & was told you were not in so I spoke to your GM Mark who advised me that it was a dead end on locating my XC90. He & I discussed cars as an option so I told him I would try to come down on Saturday & meet him & look at what you had.

I arrived around noon on Saturday & met Mark & was handed off to Ann to show me the vehicles. Ann spent 2 hours with me & I test drove a S60. We sat down afterwards & I gave my list of wants & Mark & Ann assured me they would get right on it with a locater.

I called Mark around noon on Monday to see what he had found out & he had not started the locater at that time. Well about an hour later Ann called me back to let me know that Volvo's locater was down and as soon as it got back up they would get on it. She left me a message early Monday evening to let me know the locater was back up and running & they would get back on it.

I was going to wait until they called just to see how long it was before they called back but figured that it was evident through all my other experience that Volvo DOES NOT CARE so they had forgot about me. I have checked my home, office & cell phone voice mails & nothing (I left them all 3 numbers)

Well………………………………………………………………………………

Today is Friday, April 8th @ 8:30AM & I STILL HAVE NEVER HEARD FROM ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon my partner & I purchased 2 Lexus Vehicles. We chose to spend our money with companies who appreciate & take care of customers. My wife has parked her VOLVO & it has a FOR SALE sign on it (she is driving my pick up) & I will purchase her a Lexus also once her junk pile sells. I took my XC90 to a local dealer who is trying to sell it. Problem is, if an interested buyer asked too many questions, I will have to tell them the TRUE & I will be screwed!

This is the WORST experience I have EVER HAD from BOTH the DEALER & the MANUFACTER!!!

I have taken a brutal bath on a very expensive vehicle that so many promises were made that were not kept.

I am a business man myself & know that business is all about one thing & one thing only!

CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a Lexus RX330 prior to this XC90, had it 4 years, NOT ONE PROBLEM & PARKER LEXUS was EXCELLENT TO work with at all times.

I believe I gave all a fair opportunity to settle this deal. I continued to emphasis that this is WORK vehicle & we must get things settled.

Unless Volvo wants to come up with some cash to settle this deal, I will have not choice but to let all know, locally & internet (newsgroups, forums etc.)The TRUTH about my BAD experience. I do not say this threatening because it is TRUTH & believe that it is only fair if the facts are correct & I am a man of truth.

This experience had been BAD since DAY 1 with Mariceo making promises he could not keep (he left the month I got the vehicle) to all the others bad experiences I have outlined to you before. VOLVO MADE NOT ATTEMPT TO SATISFY &

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Bottom, line!

VOVLO IS A JOKE!

Best Regards,

Bob Mosesso

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: XC90 Lemon

O.K. heres what I have on the ground here:

5 passenger:

Ruby Red

Taupe Leather

Climate Package

Wood Steering Wheel

18" Wheels

Premium Package

7 passenger:

Titanium Silver

Taupe Leather

Climate Package

Premium Package

Versatility Packakge

Ash Gold

Taupe Leather

Climate Package

Premium Package

Wood Steering Wheel

Versatility Packge

All 3 are all wheel drive and the 7 passengers the versatility package is free this month. Everything else I have is clothe or 2 wheel drive.

Keith A. Snyder

General Manager

BMW of Little Rock

North Point Volvo

Fax 501.907.0277

Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:39 PM

Sorry about that but the color I desire least.

Very interested in what they are going to ask on my part??

Any other close options????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 12:17 PM

This is not going to be easy. After Mark and I were about to get up on the roof and shoot at cars we found one vehicle in North America. It is located in Minneapolis it has everything your car does except navigation. Its Crystal Green with Taupe Leather.

Keith A. Snyder

General Manager

BMW of Little Rock

North Point Volvo

Fax 501.907.0277

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:55 PM

Believe me, I am trying my best. Just want to get this thing behind us & move on. Never had an experience like this, will wait until I hear from you.

Bob

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:12 PM

Bob,

Please give me some time to work on this. I want to do the best job I can for you but it is going to take time. We have located 3 vehicles so far, one won't be in the dealers inventory until late May, one is already sold and the other will not trade with us. As promised I will update you when I have something to update you about.

Keith A. Snyder

General Manager

BMW of Little Rock

North Point Volvo

Fax 501.907.0277

Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:28 AM

Keith,

Just checking in to see if you had any options on the located vehicles?

Thanks,

Bob

Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:19 AM

Bob,

My factory rep will be here on Wednesday and this is when I will open the door on moving forward. I do not want to do this through emails, telephone, etc. with him but rather do it face to face. I do not recall putting a 14 day time on the process. Please don't misunderstand me because there is no certainty on the time it will take. Whether or not I can pull the information will depend on Pat Patterson inputting it into the Volvo system in a timely manner. Providing loaner vehicles is not a required business practice of Volvo but rather the choice of the dealer. Many dealers simply use rental car companies because of the huge expense associated with keeping their own fleet of cars. Given the expense most dealers use the least expensive cars in their line up. My fleet consists of on 10 vehicles and are mostly S-40's and I think you will find that common among Volvo dealers.

Parking you XC90 at my dealership will not speed up the process and my insurance restriction will not allow me to put you in a loaner car unless your vehicle is being worked on nor will it allow a customer to take the vehicle out of state in any case. With the traveling you do the miles you put on a car would be a huge personal expense to me in that we can only put a maximum number of miles on a vehicle in a rather long period of time (6 months) and reaching the max in less then that 6 month would create a problem with my loaner. It would virtually have to remained parked until the miles caught up with the time and I would have a car I'm paying for but can't use.

I will keep you informed as this progresses but to get you what you want patience will be a virtue in this instance.

Keith A. Snyder

General Manager

BMW of Little Rock

North Point Volvo

Fax 501.907.0277

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 5:31 PM

Keith,

I wanted to keep you updated on my XC90 Lemon. I just came back from Pat Patterson Volvo from picking it up. It was a total of 7 days without the vehicle this time & I drove 250 miles round trip to pick it up. I was not able to travel in my job this week with out my XC90. I was given a S-40 for a loaner (thanks to Pat Patterson) & did not feel like driving it for business because of the size. The little annoying thing that continues to bother me about Volvo is their lack up customer satisfaction focus. When my XC90 was taken to them on Saturday on had 275 miles until empty on the gas reading, when I picked it up it had 20 miles until empty. Apparently they drove it about 250 miles which is OK, just can't believe they put me back in it with the gas light on & empty.

I am sure you are able to look up what all they did to the vehicle this time on fixing it.

We need to speak on Monday to see where we are on the buy back if we could. I would rather bring the XC90 to you & park it if possible because I no longer feel good about driving it. It does not bother me to drive short distances, but as you can tell by the miles on the vehicle, I drive it 6 days a week for business & as I earlier explained, that is what I bought it for. I would really appreciate anything you could do to help move this forward. I realize you said this could take up to 14 days or so to resolve, did not know what would happen if I had to order one if you could not locate.

Thanks for listening & please advise,

Bob Mosesso

Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 2:47 PM
Cc: David Gibson

Bob,
I received both this email and the fax. I have forwarded a copy to my Service Director David Gibson, and as promised I will begin working immediately on this issue. I feel confident that we can resolve it in a manner that you will be pleased with. I want you to be made aware however that Volvo may ask that you participate due to the fact that you have had 42K miles worth of use of the vehicle. It may not come up but just want you to be advised.

If you have any questions please call. In the meantime I will keep you up to speed on my progress but it may be a week or so. I was incorrect by the way as to when my Volvo Market Manager will be in town. He will not be here until the 29th of March. I will move forward regardless.

Keith A. Snyder

General Manager

BMW of Little Rock

North Point Volvo

Fax 501.907.0277

Sent: Monday, March 14, 2005 2:42 PM
Subject: XC90 Lemon

Keith,

As you requested, here is a BRIEF explanation of the issues & reason I would ask for a dealer buy back of my 2004 XC90

Major Issues:

1. Approximately 2 months ago I took my XC90 in 30K service. After keeping my car for 4 days I returned to the dealer on Saturday to pick it up. I did so & took my wife shopping for a little while, & we then decided to eat. At that time when we were pulling in the Macaroni Grill, my dash lights went crazy. It said BRAKE FAILURE, Tach wood not work or any of the instrumentation speedo etc.

I stopped put it in park, then in drive, the PARK light stayed on & it was actually in drive. When I pushed on the gas it appeared it was stuck in LOW gear & did not want to shift. Well at that time I was SCARRED to do anything so I parked the XC90, called your dealership (which was only a couple of miles away) & told them to come get the XC90 & bring me a loaner which they did.

2. I called Bobby Bennings the service mgr on Tuesday to ask him if the XC90 would be ready by Thursday because I needed to go on a business trip. He said he did not things so because they were having a hard time figuring out the problems. So, I called him that following Monday to see if it was ready & it still was not. Then I called on Thursday & he said it would be done by Saturday(THAT'S 2 WEEKS they had it). Well I picked it up that Saturday & things were fine. I live 60 miles away from North Point Volvo

3. Well…………………I was on my way to Memphis with my wife & another couple this past Saturday (March 12th) to attend an event. When we got 40 miles from Memphis I stopped to get soda & stretch. Well when I started the XC90 the SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!! I proceeded to try to drive it for a couple of miles & new at that time this was ridiculous. I pulled over & called the 800 Volvo service number & asked for it to be picked up & towed to Memphis the Pat Patterson Volvo. When I called in I let the girl know our location & how many was traveling with us. Well, an hour later the wrecker showed up, the girl had told him the wrong location (she gave him the closest cross street). Also the wrecker had only seats for 2 more people & not 4.That was a joke!

The girl also told me they were not responsible for setting up a loaner car so I had to call the dealer & take care of it myself. The Pat Patterson folks did allow me to use there loaner. My XC90 is at the dealership as I write this e-mail. Still do not know what is wrong with it.

4. Navigation system has froze up on it twice & dealership can not find any problems with it

MINOR THINIGS THAT Bother me.

1. lug nuts are Galvanized steel & look bad. My wife's S40 ever has chrome ones

2. Chrome around windows has turned a MILKY color after the XC90 was a month old. Volvo knows about this problem, it is all over the internet being discussed. I have asked for it to be replaced & it has not

3. Plastic cover over luggage rack feel off & was lost the month I purchased the XC90. Salesman charged me $20 to replace it. That was a joke. I kept complaining to the Service Mgr & he agreed & told me he would make it up to me which he never did. He no longer works there. The cover feel off 2 more times (those the dealer paid for). Could not figure out how to keep it on so he just GLUED it on & it has not feel off.

4. Everytime I have used a loaner car the GAS LIGHT has been on when I got in it.

AT this point I DO NOT WANT TO CONTINUE DRIVE THE XC90 that is now in the shop. I drive this vehicle for business & do not feel that I can depend on it. I believe it is a lemon & wanted to give Volvo a chance to MAKE IT RIGHT before I seek alternatives. I need another XC90 that I can depend on. If VOLVO does I will give them another chance. IF not I will have to choice to ever drive Volvos again. Remember, my wife has one too & she agrees that it would have to go. I owned a Lexus RX300 for 4 years & NEVER TOUCHED IT.

PLEASE HELP ME take care of this problem ASAP so I can feel secure with my driving.I will be happy to discuss in further detail if you wish.

Thanks in advance,

Bob Mosesso

Cell 501-368-3049

Office 501-268-7930

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bob, thanks for sharing. Have you sold your Volvo yet?

I know there are two sides to every story, but it shouldn't take that long to locate another vehicle like yours (or to fix all of the issues correctly the first time). I'm sure they would of gone out of their way to find another XC90 for a paying customer. Just looking at the time frame between e-mails shows that you were getting the run-around (assuming that those were all of the e-mails sent).
Weird how Keith "resents your remarks". Arrogance will get them nowhere. Maybe this will be a good wake up call for that dealership (I wonder if they treat their BMW customers the same way).

Did you send a letter to Volvo Headquarters?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It sounds like you tried everything you could with the stealership, and if you have the resources (time, mostly) you should contact the Better Business Bureau in your state and get familiar with lemon laws in your state if you have them. It sounds like you got boned by a bad dealer. His last e-mail kind of summed up what his attitude must have been. Good luck

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Hey, Bob.

Assuming that this is the real full story, I must say that this is really not a good way for the dealer to treat you. The fact that you have sticked by them and their play-game all the while, suggests to me that you were already patient enough.

Furthermore, this is the multiple award-wining model!

But Bob, if I may ask, why didn't you ask for a different car? I would understand it if they are extremely reluctant to buy-back the XC90 but having it replaced by another car of similar features should have been very, very acceptable. Even in our country, where we don't have Lemon Laws!

I do pity you and your experiences, and I agree that if the dealership doesn't do anything about it, things may easily go from bad to worse. For a businessman as yourself, I am sure you would agree that of everything, TIME, is of the most crucial element... Sad, so sad.

On the other hand, Lexus is not free of trouble, either...

But look at the bright-side, Bob. Even if you don't care, assuming that there is a lemon car for every 1000 units produced (afterall, machines are machines, and human are human - nothing and noone saved from err), the remaining 999 owners will be grateful for you sharing your experience. At least, they know what to expect and they now, have their choice to make, as well!

Frankly, I understand the Lemon phenomenon and I would agree that it would be a pain-in-the-butt for me, if it happens to my nose! I may have acted a lot worse than you have!

In any case, sell the car, and leave this as a memory behind.

Thumbs up, Bob!

P/S:
Should be a good case study for all you MBA students out there, on the class of Business Ethics!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Since Bob has only made this one post, I believe it was a trolling experience for him. Bet you find the same story on other Volvo forums.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts