Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At work I had a cup of ice that melted, I had my tester with me so I tested it at 0 TDS.
I was shocked.
I know there are filters before the water enters the machine, but they are only carbon and sediment. (one of the faucets is attached to the same filter and it tested at 200TDS.)

So can anyone confirm this?
the model number of this one is XAC530.

thanks Max

·
Registered
2 Posts
At work I had a cup of ice that melted, I had my tester with me so I tested it at 0 TDS.
I was shocked.
I know there are filters before the water enters the machine, but they are only carbon and sediment. (one of the faucets is attached to the same filter and it tested at 200TDS.)

So can anyone confirm this?
the model number of this one is XAC530.

thanks Max
Commercial ice makers are designed to produce large quantities of ice, but they are also larger units that take up a lot of real estate. If you are looking for an ice maker that fits nicely into your home, then I would suggest that you invest in a portable ice maker. You can read my full review on a portable ice maker here.

Keeping a commercial ice maker clean and the water filter up-to-date is an excellent way to serve clean ice to your customers or family. When your ice is clean, then it’s going to taste better, and that’s important to your business.

A filter system is vital to your ice maker because it filters out chlorine and other contaminants out of your water that affect the taste of your ice, and the function of the unit. These impurities can cause the ice you serve to be cloudy, have odors, taste funny or even cause the ice maker to malfunction.

This article is going to tell you everything that you need to know about commercial ice makers and water filters.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Commercial ice makers are designed to produce large quantities of ice, but they are also larger units that take up a lot of real estate. If you are looking for an ice maker that fits nicely into your home, then I would suggest that you invest in a portable ice maker. You can read my full review on a portable ice maker here.

Keeping a commercial ice maker clean and the water filter up-to-date is an excellent way to serve clean ice to your customers or family. When your ice is clean, then it’s going to taste better, and that’s important to your business.

A filter system is vital to your ice maker because it filters out chlorine and other contaminants out of your water that affect the taste of your ice, and the function of the unit. These impurities can cause the ice you serve to be cloudy, have odors, taste funny or even cause the ice maker to malfunction.

This article is going to tell you everything that you need to know about commercial ice makers here and water filters.
Every ice maker has a water line that feeds water into the unit. A water filter just connects to that water line and filters the water before it gets into the ice maker.

Commercial ice makers has a more complex installation and require a larger filter because commercial ice makers need more water.

A fridge ice maker use an inline water filter that feeds your refrigerator with water where the ice is produced.

An example of a solid inline water filter would be the Watts Premier 500318 5YR Premier Filter, which is good for filtering 20,000 gallons of water. This water filter reduces the chlorine taste and odor in your water and is easy to install onto your existing plumbing.

If you would like to learn more about this popular inline water filter, then you can click here and head over to Amazon.

You’ll love the price we found and the extra information will help you as well. If you are looking for a water filter for your fridge, then this is the right choice for you.

When Should You Change Your Ice Maker Filter
The water filter on your ice maker is an essential part of the unit running as it should. Water filters remove chlorine, taste, odors, and sediment. This is why you should always keep your ice maker’s water filter up-to-date.

How often should you change your ice maker’s water filter? It would be best if you changed your water filter every 6 to 12 months, depending on the performance of the unit.

If you have hard water, then you’ll want to install a hard water solution. Hard water will negatively impact the function of your ice maker and cause mechanical failure. I recommend that you purchase a salt-free water softener, which will eliminate scale, chlorine, and sediment in your hard water. Here is the perfect product for you from Amazon that will work well for your home or business. Click here to head over to Amazon and read more about it.

There are some water filters that will remove sentiments caused by hard water as well. I have listed some of these filters below.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts