Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My 1999 S80 2.9 is running really rough. With the car running I unplugged each ignition coil wire one by one, each one that I unplugged made the engine run even rougher except for the 4th, when I unplugged that one it still ran exactly the same. I put in a new ignition coil in the 4th cylinder and replaced all the spark plugs and its still running rough. Anyone have any more ideas as to what the problem could be? Earlier on I had the codes read by the dealer and the throttle body code was coming up and they said I would probably have to replace the throttle body, could that be the reason for a dead cylinder, if so how does that work? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I would like to explore all options before shelling out $1000 for a new throttle body, which I was told I could not put in myself but has to be done by the dealer.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Try to compare reading from a good cylinder to the dead one.Take voltage readings from the wires.Also make sure one of the wires didn't pull out of the plug for the coil.

If all is good then you will need to check the injector.Then if all is good do a compression test.

The throttle body will not cause a dead cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts