Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I live in upstate ny and my S60 has daytime runnign lights my local state laws do not state that they have to be on but my local volvo dealer will not turn them off.Being that i have the blue Bi-Xenon Headlamps is there any danger to them being on all the time.

mlb12

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello there,
The same question occurred to me with my new S60R, purely from a replacement cost point, not being covered by warranty. Surely if they are on all the time we drive they will burn out sooner.
My dealer had no problem programming them off, here in the UK.
Best regards
Moray.

QUOTE(mlb12 @ Nov 2 2004, 03:25 AM)Hi I live in upstate ny and my S60 has daytime runnign lights my local state laws do not state that they have to be on but my local volvo dealer will not turn them off.Being that i have the blue Bi-Xenon Headlamps is there any danger to them being on all the time.

mlb12
[snapback]993[/snapback]​

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The xenon lights should turn off and switch to regular lights during the day and switch back when it gets dark.Im not sure exatly which year they started doing that but the new cars do that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,

As the previous reply - my local dealer had no problem to switch the light off (with no cost associated). I am also live in the UK.

ryhaddi - Volvo S60 2.4T SE Geartronic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE(mlb12 @ Nov 2 2004, 04:25 AM)Hi I live in upstate ny and my S60 has daytime runnign lights my local state laws do not state that they have to be on but my local volvo dealer will not turn them off.Being that i have the blue Bi-Xenon Headlamps is there any danger to them being on all the time.

mlb12
[snapback]993[/snapback]​

The lifetime of Xenon lights is longer then the entire car. Do not worry about being on all the time.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Mlb12 did you ever look while you were in the sun to see if the xenon lights turned off and daytime lights come on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts