Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help in removing my dash on the 262c. I want to replace all the wiring with new. Do I have to remove the complete centre console and everything? Any help would be appreciated. The reason I am doing this is that my fuel gauge and temp gauge are reading at the max. Replaced fuses, not sure what else could be causing the problem. Possibly a short somewhere.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
QUOTE(KNIN @ May 5 2005, 09:17 AM)I need some help in removing my dash on the 262c. I want to replace all the wiring with new. Do I have to remove the complete centre console and everything? Any help would be appreciated. The reason I am doing this is that my fuel gauge and temp gauge are reading at the max. Replaced fuses, not sure what else could be causing the problem. Possibly a short somewhere.
[snapback]7475[/snapback]​

almost certainly your voltage regulator is at fault when gauges look like this

to get to it undo 2 screws on steeringwheel cowling then 2 screws on dash then unscrew speedo cable from behind and pull out the whole dash. The regulator is a plug in on the back and while dash is out clean up all those wiring plugs and replace all those dash bulbs you never knew you had and it will now look like a Xmas tree [as well as gauges working]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.