Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to remove the front dash (97 model) so I can get to the dash mounted central locking button. I've taken the stereo out, removed the screw down the bottom but I can't workout how to unscrew the air conditioning part so I can take the entire dash face off. Can anyone enlighten me on how to do it? Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
On the 2000 model which was the first year in the U.S. the front face comes off.The wood grain or grey face which ever you have try that.Once the face is off you should see the screws.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If you remove the one by the radio you have to remove the section by the shifter assy.The one for the A/C you get behind it with a small screw driver and pop it out.I forget for sure but I think you might have to remove the A/C one first to also get the screws to remove the radio section.With the radio out I think there is one screw in there for the lower section.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, got it all out. Always scares me having to pry things! One problem though... I ended up removing everything and now, it's all back together but the ashtray doesn't lock closed. whatever the locking mechanism is i guess it got broken... i can't seem to figure out how it suppost to lock in place. It still slides smoothly as always, just doesn't lock

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I forget if it has locking tabs on the lid that hold into the assy.Or you might have to remove the assy and look on the side and see if it had a sliding arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts