Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am back in a volvo after a few saab turbos. I am really pleased with it, but how do I get the cup holder out of the central locker between the front seats without breaking it ??

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Are you talking about the whole assy? If so you have to remove the center console and unscrew it from the bottom of the center console.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I think you will enjoy the S60.You should test drive one for some miles and see the diffrence between your saab and the S60.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(lee hungerford @ Feb 17 2005, 09:49 PM)Hey, I am currently in a saab turbo, a 9-5. and I am considering an S60 T5. . . .

Any advice?

Thanks,
-Lee
[snapback]3543[/snapback]​

I held on to my full pressure turbo 2.3 9000 for ages, nothing seemed to hit the spot (even a 9-5 2.3 turbo seemed a bit dull). I was a little wary of the volvo (2.4turbo, not a T5) but to be fair its quick enough for me, and the handling makes up for it anyway as the 9000 was poor. I wondered if T5's might be thrashed, but in the meantime saw this S60 with only 20000 on the clock for 9.5K and went for it anyway.
So far (1200 miles) i'm happy and consider it a bargain.!

Alan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 15 2005, 10:36 AM)Are you talking about the whole assy? If so you have to remove the center console and unscrew it from the bottom of the center console.
[snapback]3395[/snapback]​

Thanks for the answer, I just want to remove the small plastic insert that has the two cup holes in it! I have had a play and released it at the front, but there appears to be a little clip at the bottom at the back. The handbook talks about taking it out but does not show how?

Alan.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
To remove the center console remove the pen holder plastic assy. at the front of the console.There will be 2 t-25 screws under that cover.Remove everything from under your armrest cubby.You will see that you can remove the insert in there.There is 2 more screws under that cover.You will also have to remove the covers on each side of the console that run from the console to the dash.On the back of those covers between the seat and the console you will see like a screw in the cover.Turn them each one goes one way then slide the cover towards the back of the car and remove.Then the console will lift up.Then unplug the wiring in the back of the console.The wiring might give you a hard time to unplug.Then the console will come out of the car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Tech @ Feb 21 2005, 08:35 AM)To remove the center console remove the pen holder plastic assy. at the front of the console.There will be 2 t-25 screws under that cover.Remove everything from under your armrest cubby.You will see that you can remove the insert in there.There is 2 more screws under that cover.You will also have to remove the covers on each side of the console that run from the console to the dash.On the back of those covers between the seat and the console you will see like a screw in the cover.Turn them each one goes one way then slide the cover towards the back of the car and remove.Then the console will lift up.Then unplug the wiring in the back of the console.The wiring might give you a hard time to unplug.Then the console will come out of the car.
[snapback]3739[/snapback]​

Thanks tech i will have a go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts