Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

anybody ever had any problems with there cruise control??

I have been told to move the switch on when driving etc, but it does not do anything when I switch it on. Could it be a fuse or something else? Where are the fuses kept for the cruise control because it isnt where the rest of them are

Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The cruise control motor is located under the battery box.Alot of times what happens is the battery leaks acid and eats either the motor or one of the vaccum lines that lead into the car.Try to find out your radio code then remove the battery and battery tray.Then inspect the motor assy. and the vaccum lines.If you find a vaccum line that is broke you can use a peice of rubber line to join the plastic line where it is broke.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive just sorted this problem out on my t5 and it was my fault not the cars. Assuming you are manual - do not ride the clutch whilst driving (this opens a pressure dump valve located on the pedal, hence no cruise)
Having engaged the switch you must push the top of the rocker switch 3 to 4 times and you should feel the cruise take over.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No cruis control - move to Belgium!! The Belgian government has just banned the use of CC on Beligan Motorways - another sound move by the Beurocrats in Brussels

Anyone know how they plan to enforce it??

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTENo cruis control - move to Belgium!! The Belgian government has just banned the use of CC on Beligan Motorways - another sound move by the Beurocrats in Brussels

Anyone know how they plan to enforce it??

Probably put either a Flight Data Recorder with a transmitter on your PCM or pay carpoolers to rat each other out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts